A clean home environment gives you a healthy life. You must ensure that you keep your home and environment clean to get a good sustainable life. The decision to keep your home area clean includes; using products with minimal packaging, sticking to recycling rules, minimizing water and energy usage, taking adequate care, and maintaining things you use at home. These will help to reduce environmental hazards caused by human activities.
A refrigerator is an appliance a homeowner cannot do without. Its functions are always overlooked and no proper maintenance is done on it. Examples of refrigerators are Saddle River Refrigerator and New City NY Refrigerator. It is often expensive to repair or replace a broken refrigerator. When a damaged refrigerator is discarded, it adds to the unwanted waste products in a landfill which can increase environmental degradation. There are ways to maintain and repair your refrigerator and extend its lifespan.
Understand the way your refrigerator works by proactively maintaining it constantly. It will save you money and efforts that could have been used instead to repair or buy a new one. With constant maintenance, you can detect leakage, broken parts early on and fix them before it becomes a huge problem later. A refrigerator taken care of can last for more than 18 years.
Taking care of your refrigerator every two months is not time-consuming. It keeps your food and drinks stored in the refrigerator fresher and bacteria-free.
Tips on cleaning your refrigerator
Tidy everything inside: Bring out all the things stored in the refrigerator and do a spring cleaning. Anything that has expired or is stale should be thrown in the trash can. Always scan your items for an expiration date before buying.
Clean the inside and outside: After discarding unwanted items, use a washcloth or sponge with soapy warm water to clean the exteriors. Carefully wipe the shelves, beneath the shelves, drawers for items, and drawer trays. Do not use a soap that contains chemicals.
Thoroughly rub the grime away: Items in the refrigerator tend to stubbornly stick inside. Give it a good wash to remove the gunk.
Arrange your items in an orderly manner: Do not put your items haphazardly inside the refrigerator. Arrange them carefully in order of items you will need first. Make use of food or drinks that will soon expire to avoid food wastage. Orderly arrangements make it easy to take stock of items in your refrigerator.
Prevent Odours: Use a deodorizer to prevent the emission of offense smell from the refrigerator. Apply deodorants every two months to soak up any pungent smell and let your refrigerator smell nice.
Always check the temperature: Check that the refrigerator temperature dial is at 38 degrees Fahrenheit. The dial can be hit mistakenly when you clean or bring items inside or outside the refrigerator.
Fill your refrigerator to the brim: Some people eat out and neglect filling up their refrigerator. When it is kept full, the thermal mass is maintained. You can put bottles of water inside if you don’t have any food to store.
Cleaning the Drip Pan: The drip pan is situated underneath the unit to accumulate condensed moisture and melted ice. To avoid the presence of bacteria, clean it bimonthly. The following are steps on how to clean the drip pan.
- Read through the user manual that came with the refrigerator. Discover the location of the drip pan and carefully obey the safety instructions on how to remove it.
- Wipe it with a sponge soaked inside mildly hot soapy water.
- Look for breakage in the pan. If there are cracks, simply buy a new pan to replace the damaged one to prevent leakage.
- Check the drainage hole for accumulated food residue and animal hair. Discard them and clean them completely.
Cleaning the Gasket: The gasket is located at the edge of the refrigerator doors. Also, do a bi-monthly cleaning to ensure a firm seal and thermal mass control. It also prevents energy from leaking.
Steps for cleaning the gasket:
- Open the door of the refrigerator
- Vacuum out any shreds, food residues, and animal hair
- Dip a toothbrush inside a mixture of mildly hot soapy water and a drop of vinegar. Brush the seal line of the refrigerator door to clean it.
- Apply lubricant like jelly oil to the seal to prolong its lifespan.
- Examine the seal to see if it is misshapen or cracked. It is cracked or misshapen, buy a new gasket and discard the old one. Put one dollar note inside the door and pull it close. Gradually pull out the money without the door being opened. If the money comes out easily, then the gasket is loose. Replace it with new ones.
- Enact steps one to five repeated every two months.
In conclusion, repair of Saddle River Refrigerator and New City NY Refrigerator can be costly and can sometimes be your best bet for cleaning and maintenance.